Water Intake Benefits

Take Water Seriously! Our Health is Truly Dependent on the Quality and Quantity of the Water We Drink

Water’s ubiquitous nature means that it participates in all the physiological and biochemical processes that are essential to life.

  • Your muscles that move your body are 75% water
  • Your blood that transport nutrients is 82% water
  • Your lungs that provide your oxygen are 90% water
  • Your brain, the control center of your body, is 76% water
  • Even your bones are 25% water

From nerve impulses that travel around the body, to the transport of oxygen and nutrients throughout the system, water plays an integral role. It is vital that you drink plenty of water. Water not only provides you with nutrition, but it removes toxins. Water is your body’s principal chemical component.

Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you do not have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. When the body gets low on fluid, every process will likely be compromised. Dehydration can cause a diverse array of symptoms including:

  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle cramps
  • Constipation
Keeping your body hydrated will greatly contribute to your health

Fruits and vegetables can provide about 20 percent of total water intake, while the remaining 80 percent comes from water and beverages of all kinds. Water or mineral water is your best bet, it is calorie-free, toxic-free, inexpensive and readily available.


More on Water Intake