What are The Potential Benefits of Ai Chi Postures?
Flexibility and core (abdominal) strength benefits the most. Trunk stabilisation and balance, and pain management are also two most often experienced benefits of Ai Chi practice.
As a person becomes more familiar with the Ai Chi sequence, relaxation will be improved, with a focus on the smallest movement of the hand, wrist, or eyes, and improved mental alertness.
- The hydrostatic pressure water temperature lessens edema in the joints, which allows you to improve range of motion and mobility.
- The soft, round flowing motions strengthen core muscles while providing a soothing experience.
- The flowing movements of Ai Chi increase metabolism and blood circulation and encourage body detoxification.
Studies show that simply breathing while submersed to the shoulder in water can increase oxygen consumption from 7 to 25 percent. This, in turn, increases caloric consumption.
Other benefits of Ai Chi include:
- Decreased stress, anxiety, and confusion
- Decreased insomnia and fatigue
- Decreased depression
- Increased mental alertness
- Improves kinesthetic sense (our perception of how we move)
- Improved flexibility, range of motion, and general mobility
- Improved metabolism and caloric consumption
- Improved blood circulation
- Encourages body detoxification by simulating the endocrine system releasing hormones responsible for urine and metabolism
- Re-vitalized energy circulation along important acupuncture point meridians
- Improved liver efficiency
- Renewal of vital organs