Take the Time to Breathe Freely! Oxygen Causes the Body to Be stronger Healthier
Air is the most essential element needed to sustain life. The strength of the system is, in a great degree, dependent upon the amount of pure, fresh air breathed.
How can oxygen, which is vital for life, help us to regain and retain our health?
The body is made up of cells. Cells in turn make up tissues and tissues in turn make up the organs of the body. Every function carried on by the body is directly related to the life of the cells. Cells need four things to live and function properly. These essentials are oxygen, water, nutrients and cleansing.
- Without oxygen the cells die in 3 minutes.
- Without water the cells die in a few days.
- Without nutrients, the cells die in a few weeks.
- Their own wastes must be removed promptly or death will result in a matter of minutes or at the most hours.
Oxygen is one chemical essential for the cells to create energy.
This chemical reaction necessary to create energy leaves a carbon dioxide waste residue in the cell. This waste must be removed to ensure healthy cells. The benefits that are received from having a constant supply of pure, fresh air are:
- Fresh air purifies the blood, imparts to it a bright color, and sends the blood, a life-giving current, to every part of the body.
- Air soothes the nerves, stimulates appetite, helps digestion, and induces sound, refreshing sleep.
- Air invigorates the vital organs and aids the system in getting rid of an accumulation of impurities.
- Pure air brings life to the skin, as for a lack of air the skin nearly dies.
- Air has a decided influence on the mind, imparting a degree of composure and serenity.
- Fresh air, especially when we exercise, will stimulate our appetite, and greatly aid and improve digestion of food.
- Exercises performed outdoors in fresh air offer increased aerobic benefits. Taking in more clean air helps improve our breathing technique. Better technique increases stamina. More oxygen to the muscles reduces the lactic acid build-up in the muscles which leads to cramping.
- Oxygen electrifies the whole system, causes the body to be strong and healthy, and will refresh the system.
- Oxygen is used for cell metabolism, and as we exhale, carbon dioxide (cellular waste) is breathed out.
- Oxygen has negative ions that are useful in giving electrical energy to the body, especially the nervous system. This will give us a sense of well-being, serenity, and composure.
- Oxygen kills bacteria as it strengthens the immune system. When the white blood cells are called upon by the immune system to destroy germs, bacteria and viruses, they need much more oxygen than normal.
Some specific problems that are greatly benefited by having an abundance of fresh air are:
- Lung disease
One of the best ways to receive the benefits from fresh air is to go out into the open air and exercise by walking or gardening. This enables the lungs to expand and be filled with the negatively charged oxygen molecules.