Recommended Beverages For Blood Type O

Our health is truly dependent on the quality and quantity of the water we drink—Natural pure water is our best choice!

blood-type-drinking-waterWater is your body’s principal chemical component. From nerve impulses that travel around the body, to the transport of oxygen and nutrients throughout the system, water plays an integral role. Water not only enables nutrition, but it also removes toxins.

Lack of water can lead to dehydration, which means you do not have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. When the body gets low on fluid, every process likely will be compromised. Dehydration can cause diverse symptoms such as headache, fatigue, muscle cramps, and constipation.

How much water do you need to drink, and how often?

To determine how much water you need each day, divide your body weight in half. You should drink half of your body weight in ounces. If your body weight is 120 pounds (54 kg), you should drink 60 ounces (1.7 liters) or seven to eight cups (237 ml) daily.
Fruits and vegetables can provide about 20 percent of total water intake, while the remaining 80 percent comes from water and other beverages.

Choosing what you drink is nearly as important as how much you drink.

Pure, natural water is best. Sparkling mineral water or added lemon or mint provides flavor and variety. Avoid soft drinks. Their high sugar content and artificial flavors are harmful to your health.

Modest quantities of red wine are allowed, but it shouldn’t be a daily ritual. Avoid coffee, which increases stomach acid. If you are a coffee drinker, begin to gradually cut down on the amount consumed each day with the ultimate goal of eliminating coffee altogether. Common withdrawal symptoms, such as headache, fatigue, and irritability, won’t occur if you wean yourself gradually. Green tea is great substitute for other caffeinated products.

Herbal tea, a non-caffeinated beverage made from the infusion or decoction of herbs, spices, or other plant material in water, can be served hot or cold. The relaxant properties of peppermint, parsley, rose hip, and sarsaparilla benefit the digestive and immune systems of type O’s. Herbs like alfalfa, aloe, burdock, and cornsilk stimulate the immune system and cause blood thinning, a problem for type O’s.

For occasional variety, you can drink 100% Natural Juices. Freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices are healthy additions to your daily liquids intake. Mix vegetable juices with fruits to improve flavor. AVOID high-sugar, high-calorie, high-fructose, industrially-produced juices.

Beverages, Liquids Intake

  • Water: 1 glass / 225 ml / 8 fl oz. X 5-8 servings daily
  • Freshly squeezed juices: 1 glass / 225 ml / 8 fl oz. X 2-3 servings daily
  • Beverages: 1 glass / 225 ml / 8 fl oz. X 1-2 servings daily
Source: Dr. Peter D’Adamo’s Eat Right For Your Type