Watsu Massage for Health & Rehabilitation
In Rehabilitation, Watsu Being Used in Conjunction With Functional Task Training.
Watsu® massage integrates a range of applications from stress reduction at health spas to treatment for pain relief and muscle reeducation at rehabilitation centers. Watsu is used to treat orthopedic, rheumatic and neurological impairments in clinical settings.
Watsu® is being incorporated into treatment programs in hospitals, clinics and rehabilitation centers around the world, especially for people with:
- Fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS)
- Chronic pain
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Post mastectomy
- Post thoracic surgery
Many people report that nothing else than Watsu® is as effective in decreasing their pain and improving their ability to move. As well as heightened sense of awareness of inner feelings, improved general relaxation, digestion and circulation and better sleep.
More on Watsu Massage Therapy
- Watsu® In Aquatic Rehabilitation by Peggy Schoedinger, PT
- Benefits of Watsu® For People With Orthopedic, Neurologic And Rheumatologic Special Needs by Peggy Schoedinger, PT
- Watsu® Therapy for Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Watsu® Therapy Can Ease Fibromyalgia Pain, Anxiety and Sleep Quality
- Pilot Study: Aix Massage vs Watsu® Therapy for Fibromyalgia
- Watsu® for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Watsu® Approach for Stroke
- Watsu® Therapy for Athletes By Tomasz Zagorski