What is Aqua Meditation ?
This form of hydrotherapy is a path to a deep meditation state you have never experienced before.
After entering the warm pool, you will be guided through deep breathing rhythm while floating, leading you to a state of relaxation and freedom. In the background, you will hear a light therapeutic sounds.
Slowly your body will relax. Your stressed organs are calmed. After a while you will begin to feel weightless as you become one with the water.
Aqua Meditation ™ is a safe journey back home, were there is no pain, no worries, no past, no future – only your presence.
Aqua Meditation™ gently invigorate your mind & body with positive energy. A 21 minuts session of Aqua Meditation™ has been likened to having the same restorative effect as a 1 hour deep sleep. Improving your sleep may help decrease your pain and fatigue.
Aquatic Therapy is recognized for its potential to:
- Promote well-being
- Reduce anxiety
- Alleviate chronic pain
- Relieve stress
- Ease the pain of fibromyalgia
It is believed that the thermal properties of water assist healing. The body’s reaction to hot and cold water causes the nerves at the surface of the skin to carry impulses deep into the body. This reaction is thought to:
- Lessen pain sensitivity
- Stimulate the immune system
- Aid lymphatic drainage
- Increase blood circulation
It is also likely to leave you both physically and mentally relaxed.
Thermal Aquatic Bodywork can Release Energy and Balance Chi
Thermal Aquatic Bodywork is an effective way of mobilizing “Chi” (life force) through the “Meridians” (lines of energy in the body). Body temperature water offers a unique and ideal medium for freeing energy. The lightness of the body in water allows the Aquatic practitioner to float you, which has the following effects:
- Frees the spinal vertebrae
- Rotates joint articulations
- Elongates muscles
All of the above benefits are simply not possible with land exercise.
Alcohol and smoking are prohibited during activities.
There are several precautions you need to consider before participating the thermal aquatic bodywork:
- confusion or disorientation
- after ingestion of alcoholic beverages
- under the influence of narcotic
- respiratory problems
- medical condition affecting the spine
- spinal disc herniation (slipped disc)
- limited strength, endurance, balance, or range of motion
You can not participate if you suffer from any of the following conditions:
- incontinence diarrhea, bowel/bladder incontinence
- vomiting (emesis)
- seizure (epilepsy) disorders
- open wounds or non-healing ulcers
- contagious skin condition
- high fever
- hepatitis C
- infectious diseases
- ear infection (otitis)
- urinary infections
- perforated eardrum
- eye infection
- heart disease (abnormal heart function), cardiac failure
- blood pressure disorder (untreated)
- pregnancy (after the 17th week, with your physician approval)
- chemotherapy and radiation therapy (after the 3rd month)
- allergies or sensitivities to pool chemicals
- excessive fear of water
- colostomy bag/catheter use by patient