Water Aerobics for Stress Relief
Exercise in warm water can help to:
- Restore function
- Improve sleep
- Releases endorphins – natural painkillers and mood lifting substances
- Relieve depression
- Raise pain threshold – better tolerate pain
- Help losing weight
Low impact water aerobics exercises are very beneficial.
- The cardiovascular training involved with aerobics exercises has been shown to significantly lower the degree of pain and stiffness experienced by sufferers.
- Submersion in water to the neck depth increases cardiac output, 32% at rest. Therefore water exercise is aerobically efficient. In fact, it may be the ideal cardiovascular conditioning medium.
- Water makes the body weightless and so any form of swimming or aerobics activity in water greatly benefits people with painful muscles and joints.
This form of exercise takes all the strain off the joints meaning that for a time they don’t have to bear the weight of the body. This is perfect for Fibromyalgia sufferers with very tender body areas who get excruciating waves of pain with every jolt.
Water aerobics exercises combines: walking or running backward and forward, along with various limb movements.
- warm ups, stretching and cool downs.
- good exercises that will leave you energetic and feeling wonderful.
- the exercises may include flotation devices.
In addition to the standard benefits of any exercise, the use of water in water aerobics supports the body and reduces the risk of muscle or joint injury.
- aqua stretching can allow a greater range of motion while floating.
- water aerobics is safe for any person able to keep his head out of water.
- exercising in water can also prevent overheating through continuous cooling of the body.
Water activities in general spend more energy than many land-based activities performed at the same pace due to the increased resistance of water, the speed with which movements can be performed is greatly reduced.
Water aerobics exercise is the easiest workout.
- Body temperature water can be very comforting.
- The exercise gets blood flow to muscles and tendons.
- In the water, your joints are not being stressed during exercise.
- Water offers resistance, which helps muscles get stronger.
- You don’t need to know how to swim for water aerobics exercise session.
- The natural buoyancy of water helps you move so you can do exercises that would otherwise be painful.
If done correctly low impact water aerobics exercise can be very beneficial. They will help your body burn calories and help you to lose weight and feel better. They are much easier to do and help to improve the cardiovascular muscles.
These bodywork exercises are done in chest deep water and really do help to strengthen your muscles. Your muscles will become more flexible while you are building up their strength. The resistance that the water provides helps out in this area but does not put pressure on your body that can cause you to become sore.